unlock your potential
plant:life nutrition is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We aim at all times to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Information about us
Our nominated data protection contact is Claire Lynch who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By giving your consent you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time. An explanation of your rights is set out below.
- If you are not satisfied with any action taken by us or response given, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at: www.ico.gov.uk, or help line telephone number: 0303 1231113.
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Data Subject: a natural identifiable person.
Personal Data: has the meaning set out in the Data Protection Legislation, being as at the data of this policy, any data which identifies a natural person (by way of example, name, address, phone number and so on).
What this policy also covers
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected
- What organisation is collecting the information
- How the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
- How you can request the Personal Data we process and store to be removed.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full name, occupation, gender and marital status
- Contact information and personal details – home address, email, contact telephone numbers, details of GP and other medical professionals
- Current and past medical history, current medications, body measurements and lifestyle information provided by the client
What we do with the information we gather
We will use the data collected about you in the following ways:
- To provide services to you
- To deal with your enquiry
- To assess and understand your requirements
- Professional clinical record keeping of client information
Where and how we store your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical, organisational and security measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect:
- We don’t keep any paper records
- Our laptops are password and Touch ID protected
- Documents are password and Touch ID protected
- Records made by plant:life nutrition relating to the care of a client, will be stored for eight years (in line with British Dietetic Association Guidance for Record and Record Keeping). We may also be under an obligation to store your Personal Data for longer in accordance with our professional indemnity insurers requirements.
As a Data Subject under the Data Protection legislation referred to above, you have the following rights:
- We will not share your information with third party marketing agencies without your consent, nor will we contact you for marketing purposes unless you give your consent.
- You have the right to ask us to supply to you the information we hold, this is known as a data subject access request.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold if it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact us on: email@example.com
- You have the right to ask us to erase the Personal Data we hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding the data; (iii) you object to us holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that we have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for us to comply with a particular legal obligation. To make a request please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with:
- Relevant health professionals (only when consent is given by the client).
- In exceptional circumstances information about a client may be disclosed without consent if it is in the public interest to do so. This might be in circumstances where disclosing the information is necessary to prevent a serious crime or serious harm to other people.
Suppliers and Other Service Providers